THROUGH A RAPIST’S EYES
Through a Rapist’s Eyes
When this was sent to me, I was told to forward it to my lady friends, but I
forwarded it to most everyone in my address book. My men friends have female
friends and this information is too important to miss someone.
Please pass it along and share it with your children.
A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they
look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts:
1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle.
They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid
or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed. They are also likely to
go after a woman with long hair . Women with short hair are not common
2) The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women
who’s clothing is easy to remove quickly . Many of them carry scissors
around specifically to cut clothing.
3) They also look for women on their cell phone, searching through
their purse, or doing other activities while walking because they are
off-guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning, between 5:00a.m and 8:30a.m.
5) The number one place women are abducted from/attacked is grocery store
parking lots. Number two: is office parking lots/garages. Number
three: is public restrooms.
6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman
and quickly move her to another location where they don’t have to
worry about getting caught.
7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year
sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.
8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged
because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going
after you isn’t worth it because it will be time-consuming.
9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or
other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their
Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close to the
attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these
guys you’re not worth it.
10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is
following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an
elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question,
like what time is it, or make general small talk: “I can’t believe it
is so cold out here,” “we’re in for a bad winter.” Now you’ve seen
their face and could identify them in a line-up; you lose appeal as a
11) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of
you and yell STOP or STAY BACK ! Most of the rapists this man talked
to said they’d leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she
would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY
12) If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of
it and carries it with him wherever he goes), yell I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY
and holding it out will be a deterrent.
13) If someone grabs you , you can’t beat them with strength but you
can by outsmarting them If you are grabbed around the waist from
behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm (between the elbow and
armpit) OR in the upper-inner thigh VERY VERY HARD. One woman in a
class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy
who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the
skin and tore out muscle strands – the guy needed stitches. Try
yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it – it hurts.
14) After the initial hit, always GO for the GROIN. I know from a
particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy’s parts it
is extremely painful. You might think that you’ll anger the guy and
make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our
instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of
trouble. Start causing trouble and he’s out of there.
15) When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers
and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing
down on them as possible. The instructor did it to me without using
much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked
16) Of course the things we always hear still apply.Always be aware of
your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any
odd behavior, don’t dismiss it, go with your instincts!!!
You may feel a little silly at the time, but you’d feel much worse if
the guy really was trouble.
1. The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks
for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM Toss it away from
you….chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or
purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping,
eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making
a list, etc.) DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and
this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger
side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
a. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF,
repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into
anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person
is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car
crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5 A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger
side floor, and in the back seat
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the
passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling
them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and
the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest
your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a
guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are
horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is
especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS
RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times.
And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN,
preferably in a zigzag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP! It may get
you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking,
well-educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting
women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked “for help”
into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a
crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the
police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police
told her “Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.”
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a
window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get
run over. The policeman said, “We already have a unit on the way,
whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.” He told her that they think a
serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out
of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they
have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that
they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at
Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby
—-This should be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was
mentioned on America’s Most Wanted this past Saturday when they
profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.
I’d like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a
life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle I was going to
send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers,
wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as